Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Unit 4: Blogologues - Task 6 - Production Roles

My production role for my group is publishing. After doing the research, i found out that i have the responsibilities of taking care of any items such as posters, and publishing the performance, making sure that there is a audience to watch the performance, and to make sure that people are interested in the performance itself. Real life performance roles for publishing is; press officers, Online sales and marketing manager, editor, account manager, and many more. Publishing is important to the world of theatre because in theatre there has to be someone who will make sure that there is a group of audience members to watch the performance or else there is no point of performing if no one is going to watch it. My specific understanding for my role tells me that i need to create posters, and put it around everywhere so that there is an audience to watch my group's performance. I am also responsible for making sure that the group does the performance right and doesn't mess up as it will be a public performance. I personally do think that i am prepared for this particular role as i think that i am good at distributing things and publishing is basically distributing and advertising. Which is definitely something that i think i am good at. Some goals and initial idea's that i need to start prioritizing is that i need to start preparing posters for my group. For example blogalogues is a group that does public performance and they're a well known group in New York because they have been publicized a lot, so i really need to start putting together posters, and start spreading the word about the performance of my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment