Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Unit 4: Blogologues - Task 3 - Find Your Own Material

Source One: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/funny-stories

For the first source, i think that this is a good source of material for myself as it's a short funny story. I believe that with my theatrical strengths i can extend this story and make it into something comedic by using a few specific production elements. As this short blog is amount a man who broke into another person's apartment, and stole the TV remote instead of the TV itself, and changes the channel every time he drive's by,  and after reading this blog, I personally think that this is something that can be turned into something funny.

Source Two: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/funny-story

This is another source that i found on the internet, which i think i could use for myself to perform to my class members. Although it's a bit short, i still personally think that this is something that could be turned into a longer skit where production elements such as props and such things would be in use. I also think that by extending this short blog i could make a great performance out of it by getting a few actors, staging elements, and more theatrical stuff.

Source Three: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/funny-story

The third source that i chose is the one that i think would be perfect for me to perform because it's really funny and i think that if i could just get a few more people to perform along with me, the performance would be really funny. If i were to stage this performance i would make sure that there were at least 5 people to represent the characters sitting in the bus. I would also make sure that there are costumes because one of the main characters from the blog had specific clothing on which i would want to show in the performance so that it's more clear to the audience for and about what the performance is based on and what the blog/performance is about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment